Today, we saw a Death Cap mushroom that was deadly poison and we saw a Honey Mushroom. We saw two white mushrooms. - Liam
This was all on a hike in Garber Park, which is behind the Claremont Hotel. This hike was sponsored by the Claremont Canyon Conservancy and was led by Bob Mackler, a very knowledgeable mycologist. Bob could answer many of Liam's questions.
This first picture shows the Death Cap, a poisonous mushroom that was Liam's main goal to find today. I could not get a better picture but it was greenish, and the gills were white.
Very cool, Li! What did Mr. Mackler think of our scientist?
ReplyDeleteHi Liam! I really like learning all about mushrooms and other fungi on your blog. Thank you for writing such interesting things. Sometimes I see a fungus growing out of a tree and I think of you. Keep up the good work, Kiddo!!
ReplyDelete